If you are among the estimated 4% of the population that suffers from frequent headaches, or the one in ten men and women who get headaches at least once or twice per month, you probably rely on some kind of pain-killer to relieve pain to enable you to carry on with your life. There is a better way to deal with the root cause of those headaches rather than the symptoms – Chiropractic!
Although it is true that science has identified more than three hundred causes for headaches, the most common ones are:
- Problems within the Cervical spine in the neck
- Muscular tension and spasms in the upper back and neck
- Trauma after accident or injury such as whiplash
- Migraines and Cluster headaches
Pain Killers Can Cause Headaches!
Surprisingly, another item on this list of most common causes is the frequent use or over-use of analgesics. Although these are taken to cure the pain, over-use can make the pain worse, increasing sensitivity to pain and even causing addiction! So, before you reach for the headache tablets, consider how Chiropractic could help you.
Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Rachael Veronesi, explains that because Chiropractic treats the underlying cause of the problem, rather than masking the symptoms, it offers a natural approach to treating the problems of frequent and persistent headaches for both adults and children.
Call her at Neurobalance Chiropractic on (02) 9938 5456 now and take your first step to treating pain without drugs.
As part of your care, Dr. Rachael may recommend a programme of exercises for you to do at home. Here are a few things you can do to help yourself:
- Avoid getting dehydrated. Many people reach for headache tablets when in fact the cause of their pain is insufficient water intake. Try to drink around two litres of water each day (that’s around eight glasses).
- Try some gentle, low impact exercises such as walking or swimming to relax, relieve tension and improve blood flow.
- Take regular breaks at work and release tension in your shoulders by getting up, walking around and doing some simple exercises such as shoulder shrugs. Lift your shoulders up towards your ears as high as you can and hold for a couple of seconds. As you lower your shoulders, roll them back. Repeat this ten times. You can do this exercise throughout the day.
Choose Chiropractic for Frequent Headache
There is no ‘one size fits all’ care. Our chiropractors will use a range of methods to determine the exact cause of your problems and then provide you with a care programme specific to you. It may include advice on nutrition and supplementation, advice on the ergonomic design of your workstation if you are desk-based, in addition to gentle, Chiropractic manipulation and other rehab advice.
This means that your Chiropractic care may be different to someone else with the same/similar symptoms and means you get exactly the advice and care you need to produce safe and effective relief from the pain and distress of frequent, recurrent headache. Call us on (02) 9938 5456 now to arrange a consultation.